Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Okay so yeah

Oh hi :D

I guess I should start by introducing myself. I'm not really a fan of introductions, though, to be honest. I never know what to say and what to leave out. You know when you start a new class and you're supposed to say "a few things about yourself"? Isn't that just awkward? Anyway. 


My name is Roxana, I'm 25 and I'm from Romania. This is my first blog.


I love internet culture, but I usually prefer to watch it from afar. I like to stay informed. I love cats. My favorite colors are purple and turquoise. I like gloomy weather. I drink my coffee black. 

When it comes to books, movies and TV shows, I tend to go for historical, fantasy, thrillers, horror and sci-fi. I listen to various kinds of metal and all sorts of music from the '80s and '90s, and sometimes classical as well. 

I'm a huge fan of alternative fashion and beauty. I love all kinds of Goth styles, Lolita fashion, Mori Girl, Dolly Kei and all things vintage. I mostly dress in black and dark colors, and I almost always wear dresses and skirts, and I always want everything to match. I tend to draw inspiration from various styles and add details to my own wardrobe to make it a bit more interesting - hence, a pinch of quirky

I've been doing my nails on a regular basis and letting them grow ...pretty long... for basically half of my life. I've only been interested in makeup for about three or four years though, but I really like it as a creative outlet.

At first I wanted to make a nail polish blog, since I (*clears throat*) take lots of pictures of my nails, but I thought it would be more fun to post about other beauty-related things as well. And actually write sometimes, too. Beware of rants, seriously. 


What to expect from this blog:

  • Pictures of nails - color of the week, layering, freehand nail art, stickers
  • Makeup looks, with a special focus on eye makeup
  • Product reviews
  • Makeup and fashion hauls
  • Rants about my love-hate relationship with the fashion industry
  • Tips whenever I have any
Annnnd that's pretty much it for now. Oh and here's the current manicure of the week. This is Collistar's Viola GlitterI'm going to try my best to improve my photography technique, but that'll have to come in time. 





Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment