Saturday, December 1, 2012

Layering: Yves Saint Laurent 43 Wintergreen and Seventeen Cosmetics 103

Oh hello 8D

A couple of months ago I had the unexpected opportunity to get a nail polish from Yves Saint Laurent for a fraction of the price. I got it from a Marionnaud shop. This is my second high-end nail polish (my first was Chanel's Peridot), and while I normally don't go for high-end stuff, I just couldn't resist digging through discount baskets. :D
So, here's Yves Saint Laurent #43 Wintergreen:


It came in a gold box which was just as shiny as the lid, but I don't have that with me. And yes, I did keep it, and no, I have no idea what I could possibly do with it.
I like these removable lid thingies. When you take them off, it's like finding out a secret.

The polish itself is pretty good. It needs two coats, and it dries pretty fast. My one issue with it is that I expected a bit more of the green shimmer.

LOL nope.

Here are some more pictures of what it looks like on the nails:

Daylight

Bathroom light

I like the color a lot, but I wanted to give it a bit of a boost, so I added a layer of flakies on top. The polish is Seventeen Cosmetics #103:


It's got a bit of a muddy water base and the flakies flash gold/orange/green.
I really love this flakie polish. I'm quite satisfied with just one coat, and it dries really fast too. I literally just picked up my camera right after I did the last nail, and by the time I was done taking photos, it was completely dry. I didn't use a top coat, because I want each flakie to really catch the light on its own.

Seventeen actually makes a color that you could easily substitute for the YSL as an affordable alternative. It's certainly not a dupe, but it'd look pretty much the same with flakies on. But I certainly do recommend YSL 43 Wintergreen, as polishes go it's really good quality, especially if you're looking for something that dries really fast.

Oh yeah - here's an eyeshadow I really love to use when I'm wearing any sort of teal-ish color on my nails - Urban Decay's Misdemeanor, from their Book of Shadows Volume 2, which is a slightly shimmery dark teal. Also, I wanted to show you my silver and labradorite earrings. I got them from a flea market in Helsinki a few years ago, and they're one of my favorite pairs ever. I think they work really well with these colors.


That's pretty much all for today. I think I'm gonna leave this manicure on for a whole week, and until I decide to  change it I'll probably blog about some makeup products.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely weekend :D

No comments:

Post a Comment